As a parent, you play a vital role in your child’s education — after all, you are your child’s first and most important teacher. Because we value the special relationship you have with your child, we encourage you to participate in your child’s Kindergarten experience.
There are many ways in which parents can become involved with their child’s Kindergarten. Some of these include:
- Spending time in the Kindergarten and joining in the program on your Roster Day.
- Sharing your interests and skills with us
- Reading the noticeboards, as well as the notes and newsletters that are sent home, so that you can keep in touch with the Kindergarten happenings
- Becoming a member of the Management Committee and or attending the monthly Kindergarten meetings
- Collecting junk materials that can be used by the children, such as items for collage and timber for carpentry
- Communicate with your child’s teacher
- Assisting with the maintenance and improvement of the Kindergarten environment (You will be allotted small jobs)
- Helping on excursions
- Attending at least one Gardening & Maintenance Working Bee (One held each term)
No two people are the same — we each have different talents, interests and constraints (such as the amount of time we have to spare). Whatever your involvement you can be certain it will be both appreciated and valued.